RacesPlayable: Dwarf, Elf, Half-Elf, Human
Do Not Exist: Eladrin, Genasi, Gnome, Halfling, Kobold, Tiefling
Creating a Character
- Ability scores will be determined using the Standard Point Buy method, with 6 additional points.
- Characters should be taken from the playable races listed above.
- Players can play a class of the Arcane, Martial, or Primal power source; The Divine power source is not available.
- The Religion skill covers Spiritualism.
- Players/characters availability and ideas/goals decide what goes on in the world, with everyone having an effect on the game.
- Detailed character history/characterization will be rewarded with a background (to be decided by the DM).
- All characters will start out with a secret. This can be anything of your choosing, but I encourage it to be something that your character would not readily share with other characters. The harsher that this secret is could benefit you (DM rewards). A fear or phobia is not a secret, but such characterization will be rewarded. I prefer that you discuss this with me before deciding upon a secret.
Questions you may want to answer:
- What makes your character different?
- What would he/she do in their free time?
- What is his/her family life like?
- Personality Type?
- Greatest Fear?
- Favorite Color?
The Dragon Magazine article, “Characterization Made Easy” published years ago is a good start. I can get you a copy if you are interested.