- An Extended Rest does not restore all of your healing surges. Instead, you regain 1/4 of you maximum number of healing surges after an extended rest.
- A Full day of bed rest (assuming proper nutrition, conditions, and care), including restful sleep (i.e., no watches) the night before and after, can recover all healing surges. This requires at least 32 hours spent resting and recovering. A day at the inn reading, or a social day spent with a relative would suffice, while a day negotiating a peace treaty, brewing potions, making armor, etc., would not.
- The Religion skill, since there are no gods, is replaced by the Divine or Spiritualism skill. No alterations need to be made to character sheets, etc., but it is a general role-playing reminder.
- No Divine power sources exist, or will work.
- To retrain or level up, time must be spent, enough to recover all healing surges, plus one week.